Salem, Ore. — The Oregon Cattlemen’s Association, together with the Washington Cattlemen’s Association, is proud to announce the upcoming Mid-Year Conference and Tradeshow which will be held June 26-28 at the Pendleton Convention Center in Pendleton, Ore.
The conference is an opportunity for ranchers to network, hear from top-notch speakers on current issues in the industry and enjoy events such as the golf scramble, social hours, dinners, BBQs and live musical performance by country band Brewer’s Grade. The Mid-Year Tradeshow will feature a variety of vendors showcasing the latest in ranch tools, supplies and programs.
Key sessions during the conference will include:
- Wolf Depredation Identification Workshop – Featured speakers include: Rick Williamson, trapper and former wolf specialist for the Idaho Department of Fish and Game; Wallowa County Deputy Sheriff Fred Steen
- Wolf Compensation Boards – Featured speakers include: Cynthia Warnock, Wallowa County Stockgrowers Secretary; Wallowa County Commissioner Susan Roberts
- Agricultural Water Quality Panel Discussion – Featured speakers include: Jennifer Wigal, Water Quality Program Manager at the Oregon Department of Environmental Quality; Ray Jaindl, Director Natural Resources and Pesticides, Oregon Department of Agriculture; Toni Meacham, Washington attorney at law; Tip Hudson, Washington State University Regional Extension Specialist; Steven VanVleet, Whitman County Extension; Elizabeth Howard, legal firm Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt
- Sage Grouse Panel Discussion – Featured speakers include: Paul Henson, Ph.D., Oregon State Supervisor at the US Fish and Wildlife Service; Brett Brownscomb, Oregon Governor’s Natural Resources Policy Advisor; Penny Becker, Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife Listing and Recovery Section Manager; Rancher Dave Duncan, WCA Wildlife, Sportsman Committee Chair
- Oregon Resources Monitoring Training – Featured speakers include: Pat Larson, OCA Science Advisor; Conrad Bateman, Rangeland Consultant
Registration is now open at the OCA’s Mid-Year Conference and Trade Show registration page. For more information on the Mid-Year Conference & Tradeshow, call the OCA office at 503-361-8941.