The Oregon Cattlemen’s Association is in search of an efficient and enthusiastic individual to assist the OCA’s Communications Director in a variety of business endeavors including, but not limited to, communications, writing, event planning, and legislative policy opportunities. Beef is the number one commodity in Oregon’s agricultural industry and the Oregon Cattlemen’s Association strives to represent and be the voice for this industry in the Capitol and nationally.
Possible duties may include the following:
- Vendor and sponsorship coordination for events
- Social media marketing and management
- Mass email communication and design
- Learning and participating in registration processes
- Communicating with outside organizations for articles, events, etc.
- PowerPoint, Excel spreadsheet, & social media content creation
- Evaluating contracts
- Program design
- Emphasizing the “branding” of an event or organization
We are flexible on hours depending on your school schedule but may request that you attend OCA organized events that will be happening during the time frame of your internship. Hotel, travel and meal expenses will be compensated for OCA related events. There is a $500.00 stipend paid upon the completion of your internship.
This will be excellent experience to add to a resume as it will provide hands on, real life experience as well as to network in one of the nation’s biggest agricultural industries. Student’s requirements to receive college credits for internship will be discussed prior to starting to ensure all requirements are met. Please attach this form with a 500-750 word letter of intent cover letter, internship form and your current resume.
Document: Spring 2017 Internships