- 1 pound Ground Beef (93% lean or leaner)
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1-1/4 cup unsalted beef broth
- 1 cup dry mini-wagon wheel pasta or similar shape
- 1/2 cup unsalted ketchup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 cup finely shredded reduced-fat Cheddar or Colby cheese
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add Ground Beef, bell pepper and onion; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into 3/4-inch crumbles and stirring occasionally. Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt.
Cook’s Tip: Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed Ground Beef. Ground Beef should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160°F. Color is not a reliable indicator of Ground Beef doneness.
- Stir in broth, pasta, ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, garlic powder and onion powder; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low; cover and simmer 10 to 15 minutes or until pasta is almost tender. Uncover; cook 3 to 5 minutes or until pasta is tender and sauce is thickened, stirring occasionally. Season with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Garnish with cheese.