- 1 pound Ground Beef (93% lean or leaner)
- 3 cups frozen potatoes O’Brien
- 1 jar (15 to 16 ounces) prepared thick-and-chunky salsa
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- Reduced-fat dairy sour cream, chopped fresh cilantro, lime wedges (optional)
- Spray large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat until hot. Add potatoes; cook 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Remove from skillet. Keep warm.
Cook’s Tip: Refrigerated diced potatoes may be substituted for frozen potatoes.
- Brown Ground Beef in same skillet over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, breaking up into 3/4-inch crumbles and stirring occasionally. Pour off drippings, as necessary. Season beef with salt and pepper, as desired. Stir in salsa, corn and 1/4 cup cilantro; cook 5 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Stir in potatoes; sprinkle with cheese. Cook 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
Cook’s Tip:You may substitute Mexican cheese blend for Cheddar cheese.Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed ground beef . Ground beef should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160ºF. Color is not a reliable indicator of ground beef doneness.
- Serve with toppings, if desired.