What We Do
The Oregon Cattlemen’s Association (OCA) was formed in 1913 in Baker County by 12 individuals who sought to advance the economic, political and social interests of the Oregon Cattle Industry.
Our mission is to:
- promote environmentally and socially sound industry practices
- promote a positive, contemporary image of the industry
- improve and strengthen the economics of the industry
- assure a strong political presence in all areas affecting the industry
- protect our industry communities and private property rights
OCA works to assist and represent all cattle producers throughout the state on a daily basis.
Oregon Cattlemen Association Membership Benefits
Producer membership benefits include:
- The Oregon Beef Producer magazine
- 10% of your annual dues goes to your county association
- Our E-Newsletter to stay on top of industry news
- Invitations to attend meetings throughout the state in order to partner with other producers
- Enrollment in the Cattle Reward Fund for crimes against members’ property
- Opportunity to take part in the Natural Resource Alliance for special OCA member discounts on select products
- Representation at the Capitol by an OCA lobbyist
- Media assistance and positive coverage of Oregon ranching
Cattle and calves was Oregon’s top commodity in 2014. The Oregon Cattlemen’s Association exists to support and voice the needs of our producers to the state of Oregon.